Giving direction to your day: POWER OF EXPECTATION

Text: “For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.” Proverbs 23:18

The Woman with the issue of blood was sick for so many years- twelve long years. She has done everything medically possible to get out of that situation. Every effort proved abortive. She had spent all she had on the problem. Instead of improving it was getting worse.

If you read the story carefully we’ll see that she did not really lost all hope of receiving an answer. She kept taking steps to get her problem resolved. When she heard of Jesus her expectation rose up again. If she had given up on her condition she would not have taken the steps she took. Expectation keeps your “antenna”, waiting to see your miracle show up. As long as you are breathing you cannot give up on what God says about you. If it is written in the word of God you must hold on to your expectation until it becomes a reality in your life. It took the woman with the issue of blood twelve year to come out of her situation. It was her expectation that kept her on. She might have died before meeting Jesus.

Job in the midst of his challenge said “…All the days of my appointed time will I hold on to my expectation, till my change come.”(Paraphrased) Job 14:14b. This man lost everything all in one day but he did not lose his expectations. When you lose your expectation you have lost the possibility of a favorable outcome. This was why the latter day of Job was better than his beginning. Everything he lost was restored twice back to him. I see a major restoration taking place in your life this month. Refuse to give up on God’s plan for your life. Expectations keep you on and open to what God is ready to bring forth in your life.

CONFESSION:
I will hold on to my expectations until God’s plans come to pass in my life. I will not give up on what God has said concerning me.


LEARN MORE: Mark 5:25-29, Romans 4:17-21


Comments